- About Us
- Events Calendar
- Student Organizations
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Prospective Members and Parents
- Chapters and Governing Councils
- Academic Reports
- Meet the Staff
- Alumni and Advisor Outreach and Involvement
- Volunteerism and Civic Engagement
- Campus and Community Involvement Scholarships
- Student Organization Support
- Peer Involvement Advisors
- Assessment Plans and Reports
Large Days of Service
Gonzo Gives Back Day of Service
Saint Patrick's Day 2016 marked the first annual Gonzo Gives Back Day of Service! The Department of Student Life and the Saint Pat's Committee collaborated to organize service projects throughout the Phelps County community. Eighty students volunteered on Saint Patrick's Day, and their efforts helped local community organizations complete their missions.
Gonzo Gives Back Community Partners for 2017 Day of Service
Audubon Trails Nature Center
City of Rolla Fire & Rescue
Hope Alliance of Missouri: Friday Backpack Program
Kaleidoscope Discovery Center
Mark Twain Elementary
Phelps County Bank- Take-a-Stand Against Child Abuse
Rolla Health & Rehab
Rolla Presbyterian Manor
The Community Partnership at the Resale Shop
MORE COMING SOON!
All Missouri S&T students, faculty, and staff are invited to register!
Questions? Contact Jessica Haywood, Program Administrator for Volunteerism and Greek Life at email@example.com
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
"A Day On, Not A Day Off. A Call To Service."
The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service is a nationally recognized day of service that calls for all citizens to work together to provide solutions to current social issues. MLK Day of Service happens on MLK Day every January and is a time for students, faculty, staff and families to reflect on both the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and how they as individuals can work to build a more socially conscious and just society. Students, faculty, and staff of S&T and families are invited to participate in the celebration. Service projects will be undertaken throughout the community from 9am-2pm.
Aims for this Program Include:
- Students will build stronger relationships with the Rolla community and grow stronger together as an S&T community through service projects.
- Students will learn about each other as individuals and gain a stronger understanding of the various backgrounds people come from.
- Those who participate will feel empowered to continue making active contributions to the community that they are involved in.
- Participants will engage with different groups of individuals to creatively solve current issues in the community.
"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people" - Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
MLK Day of Service will took place on Monday, January 16, 2017.
Thank you to all of our volunteers!
We had 178 volunteers donate 710 volunteer hours!
We also made and donated:
31 Capes for homeless children
65 letters for women with cancer
128 bags for lunches served to seniors
250 goody bags for emergency responders
65 dog and cat toys for shelter animals