- About Us
- Events Calendar
- Student Organizations
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Prospective Members and Parents
- Chapters and Governing Councils
- Academic Reports
- Meet the Staff
- Alumni and Advisor Outreach and Involvement
- Volunteerism and Civic Engagement
- Campus and Community Involvement Scholarships
- Student Organization Support
- Peer Involvement Advisors
- Assessment Plans and Reports
Large Days of Service
Gonzo Gives Back Day of Service
Gonzo Gives Back Day of Service
Saint Patrick's Day 2016 marked the first annual Gonzo Gives Back Day of Service! The Department of Student Life and the Saint Pat's Committee collaborated to organize service projects throughout the Phelps County community. Each year, many students volunteer for Gonzo Gives Back, and their efforts help local community organizations complete their missions.
This year, Gonzo Gives Back will Take place Thursday, March 15th. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER by march 5th!
Gonzo Gives Back Community Partners for 2018 Day of Service
Audubon Trails Nature Center
CASA of South Central Missouri
City of Rolla Fire & Rescue
Greentree Learning Center
Kaleidoscope Discovery Center
Mound Ridge Retreat and Mission Center
Phelps County Bank's Take-a-Stand Against Child Abuse
Rolla Presbyterian Manor
The Community Partnership Resale Shop
The Rolla Mission
Tri-County Humane Society
...more coming soon!
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
"A Day On, Not A Day Off. A Call To Service."
The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service is a nationally recognized day of service that calls for all citizens to work together to provide solutions to current social issues. MLK Day of Service happens on MLK Day every January and is a time for students, faculty, staff and families to reflect on both the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and how they as individuals can work to build a more socially conscious and just society. Students, faculty, and staff of S&T and families are invited to participate in the celebration. Service projects will be undertaken throughout the community from 9am-2pm.
Aims for this Program Include:
- Students will build stronger relationships with the Rolla community and grow stronger together as an S&T community through service projects.
- Students will learn about each other as individuals and gain a stronger understanding of the various backgrounds people come from.
- Those who participate will feel empowered to continue making active contributions to the community that they are involved in.
- Participants will engage with different groups of individuals to creatively solve current issues in the community.
"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people" - Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
This Year, MLK Day of Service took place on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Thank you to all of our volunteers!
We had 139 volunteers donate 556 volunteer hours!
We also made and donated:
89 dog and cat toys
109 Valentine's cards for the elderly
148 decorated lunch bags for Rolla Nutrition Site
134 inspirational rocks painted
Read more about the impact we had on the community HERE